Monday, September 26, 2011

Preparations

So there we were in the Georgia mountains, enjoying some of our life and just feeling lonely at the same time.  I was four months pregnant when we moved.  Just when you think you need the most support and family around you, we moved and really had to completely rely on the Lord.  God really used that time to  draw us closer to Him and each other.

Since there wasn't a ton to do at first, I really took a lot of time and researched home birth.  I read about that years ago, and even some friends of my parents had home births and loved it.  My sweet friend Melissa had two home births.  I was there for two of her births and that alone was so helpful to watch some one give birth with no drugs.  My other friend Kelly, who so wanted to be at the birth , had attended home births before.  She had a family emergency and was unable to be there.  Her prayers meant so much during that time.  So, everything I read made so much sense to me.  God brought us a fantastic mid wife.  She is so knowledgeable in so many areas.  All the good food she had me eating, and the smoothies she had me drinking just made me so healthy...so I thought. 

It was kind of scary thinking about home birthing, but my  sweet twin sister Allison was going to be there, and my dear dear friend Melissa was going to be there as well, so I felt very supported and encouraged.  My husband Mike, was very much on board with it and he was such a huge support and encourager as well.  I just love him!!!!

One of the things I had to eat to prepare for the birth was tons of salad!!  The more greens the better!!  I had two huge salads every day.  The kids cut up every vegetable imaginable and I would have that for lunch and dinner.  I found it to be very filling and cleansing.  I really did not gain a lot of weight and my hands and feet never really swelled up like with my other two pregnancies.  Also, Spirulina was a key factor in keeping my bodily functions flowing smoothly.  It also gave me a boost of energy in the a.m.

Another huge blessing was a friend, Tina Farewell sent me at least a dozen books on home birthing.  What a fantastic education I received during that time...spiritually, physically and mentally.  It was such a difficult time in my life, but looking back I would not trade it for the world.    Being together, alone, with just me and my immediate family, along with the Lord was just the time and the strength we needed for the next adventure in our lives...the ALMOST home birth of our little girl Caroline Faith Sarka!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment