Tuesday, August 2, 2011

4 Years Ago

It was almost 4 years ago that my husband felt lead to move us from the big city in Florida, to a country town in the Georgia mountains.  Little did I know how much that one move would change my life.

Going a little further back in my life, when my husband Michael and I married in 1991, we would visit family in Alabama.  We always took the back roads...little two lane roads that went on for miles and miles, past horse farms and many, many acres of farm land.  He would always exclaim how much he would love to have a little farm some day.  I half heartedly listened, assuming it wouldn't happen because we lived in a cute beach town at the time.  End of the road privacy only steps to the Atlantic Ocean.

Many years later,  I was challenged to be submissive...whole heartedly to my husband.  I felt like everything I studied during those years pointed to submission with joy.  I read a book called "Created to be His Helpmeet".  It challenged me and gave me a blue print and guide lines on what joyful submission looks like.  I did put up a fight, but the more I applied what I learned in God's Word, and in that book, the more I saw the fruit of being joyfully submissive. 

So that move came as another challenge.  When my husband said, "it's time to sell the house and move!  What do you think!", I was challenged to either joyfully submit or put up a fight.  As difficult as it was to move from all I've known, and from family, submitting to him in this move has brought so much fruit in my children's lives, my husband's life and our life together!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment