Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So What Happened Next????

So what happened next? I'll tell you what happened next...I cried...I cried like a baby wanting my momma!   I was just learning true joyful submission, mind you, I had not arrived and still have a long way to go.

I grew up in Florida.  35 years of everything I knew was there:  family, church, routine, friends, convenience, family, love, laughter, the beach,...did I mention family?  Anyhoo...back to the crying.  I cried, and told my adventerous husband that I would love to stay in Florida, and I would rather stay there.  He kindly told me that it is his hearts desire to go.  How could I say "NO" when he had given me my heart's desire just a couple of years before that.  But that is a story for another post.

Because of his kindness to me, I wanted to reciprocate in a major way.  So, I reluctantly and unenthusiastically said yes.  He put the house on the market that week and with in a month we had a contract!!  I couldn't believe it!!  There were other houses in our neighborhood, nicer, newer, with more updates than ours, but God said it was time to go, much to the dismay and sadness of our families and friends.  There were a few encouragers along the way.  Encouraging Mike to follow his dreams and follow where he felt like the Lord was leading. 

The house sold in June, we went to Georgia to find a place to live. My grandma died in July. My sister had her 4th son in August, and by August 29th 2007 we were on our way to the Georgia mountains.  Oh did I mention that I was 4 months pregnant at the time?  That is a story for another post.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, starting a blog. Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete